Monday, July 5, 2010

#3 Three Days of the Condor (1975)

Robert Redford plays a CIA analyst who is literally out to lunch when his entire office is killed, and he's forced to spend the next 72 hours on the run, trying to stay alive and figure out what happened. Redford enlists (ok...he kidnaps) the help of Faye Dunaway to find out why everyone he seems to know wants him dead.

First, I gotta say I love Robert Redford. Sneakers is one of my all time favorite movies, and his character, Condor, could easily be the character he plays in Sneakers 20 years earlier. Sydney Pollack is also one of my favorite directors and Faye Dunaway is just beautiful (well in 1975). This is a movie I remember hearing my Scoutmaster talk about when I was a kid and I never had a reason to watch it, so when it was recommended by Netflix (can I get a sponsorship please???) I knew I was going to watch it. I am so glad I did.

Although some parts had that very 1970's feel to it, others felt very timeless as far as character development goes and pacing. The only moment I really questioned is one where Redford and Dunaway get it on. But whatever, I didn't get the idea she was that into her boyfriend and so what if his girlfriend just died. Grief sex is pretty common I hear.

I'd definitely recommend this film and I think next time I watch it I'm going to watch it right before Sneakers and skip the first 5 minutes of sneakers to pretend that this is the prequel to it. Redford is a great actor and look at those eyes....how can you not love the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment